Ozone in Agriculture :
Replacing pesticides with ozonated water yields positive results, is environmental friendly and does not leave any deposit on the produce. Ozone water treatment has been shown to:
• Remove microbiological contamination effictively
• Remove Hydrogen sulphide completely
• ORP level is vastly increased
• Increased prodcution rate
• Increase the resistance of the plants against certain microbiological pests
• Yields better results comparable to pesticide treatment
• Result in no chemical contamination of the soil
• Effectively sterilize the soil surface
• Leave no residue on the produce
Ozone in Irrigation :
Ozone being a very powerful germicidal agent, Ozonated water used for irrigation provides oxygen to the root making it free of virus, bacteria, fungi, seaweed, spores and any other microorganisms, and further promotes fast and steady growth, with more aliveness as well as more productivity. Ozone is extremely useful for irrigating fruit trees, vineyards and cultures in preventing them from deadly diseases.
Use of pesticides and other chemical agents leave behind residues, which are harmful for human consumption and for the environment as well as on the other hand ozone does not leave behind any residue and decomposes back to oxygen. Moreover, any product irrigated with ozonized water, stored and transported in ozonized atmosphere, conserves all its characteristics for a much longer time.
When Ozonated water is used for irrigation purpose, the use of fertilizer and additives is reduced to almost 50%, due to which the cycle of maturation of crops is completed within a very short duration of time and represents the same size, strength and volume which are gained using fertilizers and additives.
Ozone in soil remedation :
Ozone is a highly reactive form of oxygen, capable of converting organic molecules to water and carbon dioxide. Ozone will rid contaminated soil of a variety of pollutants such as :
• MTBE (Methyl-Tertiary-Butyl-Ether) , Hydrocarbons, Diesel, Pesticides.
• VOCs (Volatile Organic Carbons), Aromatics, Tricholoroethylene
• Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene, Xylene
The benefits of ozone soil remediation are :
• Treatment is done on site
• Treatment causes minimal physical disturbance to the site
• Low capital cost, Low operating costs, Fast reaction rates