Ozone Laundry Application
To remove the stains from the clothes and disinfect them, ozone is the right choice as it is eco friendly and doesn’t damage the cloth fiber.
Benefits of Using Ozone in Your Laundry:
The operational benefits of using an ozone laundry system are many. But the primary benefits are:
- The ECHIP System enables your laundry to wash in cold water. The energy to heat the water is no longer used. Because the wash is done in cold water, many locations can, and have, turned off their hot water heaters completely.
- Water and sewer bills are lower when using an ECHIP Ozone Laundry System. With less chemicals injected into the wash, fewer rinse cycles are needed to flush linens of chemical residuals.
- An ECHIP Ozone Laundry System could mean fewer chemicals required during the wash cycle. This could amount to significant annual savings depending on the amount of linen processed over that period.
- The life of the linen is extended by reducing the time and chemicals exposure throughout the laundry process – no hot water, less wash time, less dryer time, less chemicals.
- The reduction in time to complete a wash and dry cycle can be reduced by 15% – 20%. If this equates to 10 minutes less per load and there are 6 loads per day processed by that equipment, the daily operation for that load factor could be reduced by one hour.
- The ECHIP system results in linens that are softer, smell better, and more absorbent. The process is also hypoallergenic. Some laundry room associates have even reported less of a skin irritation when handling the processed linens.
Ozone Laundry Benefits :
• No Hot water (Zero)
• Huge electricity savings (Nearly 80% if electrical heater is used)
• Reduced Cycle time (Nearly 50%)
• Water savings (Nearly 30%)
• Detergent savings (Nearly 95%)
• Shorter drying time
• Huge labour savings
• Increased fabric life (2 -7 times)
• No Heat built up in washing room
• Reduce carbon footprint
• Operational efficiency
• Complete disinfection
• Effluent quality towards Green
• Improved Air Quality
• Superior finished product. No chemical residue
System Benefit :
Water heating cost reduction (100%): Conventional washing methods require that 70% of wash water be heated to temperatures in ranges of 60º to 82º for proper stain removal when used in conjunction with conventional chemicals. With our ozone washing system, water is not heated at all normal water will be sufficient.
Chemical cost reductions (95%) :
Ozone substantially reduces the amount of washchemicals required to achieve the same or better results than conventional processing. The oxidizing power of ozone dissolved in the wash water attacks oxidizable soils and chemically transforms insoluble soil into soluble substances.
Water and sewage cost reductions (100%) :
Major water and sewer savings are achieved only in the closed loop (recycling) configuration, although the open loop (non-recycling) system will reduce water consumption somewhat (20-30%) by cutting the rinse time.
Improved sewage quality (30-50%) :
The oxidizing power of ozone in the wash wheel breaks down soils, bacteria, and other microorganisms, which constitute the biological oxygen demand, before they reach the drain area. Also, by decreasing the chemicals rinsed down the drain, the chemical oxygen demand levels are greatly improved. Because ozone is an effective waste-water treatment chemical, some laundries have actually saved money by reduced surcharges from city sewer companies.
Increased productivity (10-45%) :
The ozone washing system can, almost without exception, reduce the wash formula time of any laundry facility. In most cases 25-30% of wash time is spent rinsing or filling and draining the washer while different chemistry is being applied to the linen.
How ozone gets to your washer ?